- Begin taking your recommended dose of anti-inflammatory medication, if prescribed, the night before surgery. After surgery, continue taking your recommended dosage every 6 hours for the next 4-5 days.
- Do not have anything to eat or drink 8 hours before your surgery. With a small amount of water, all other daily medications can be taken as normal, unless we specifically direct you to alter your dosage.
- Someone must wait for you in the lobby for the duration of the surgery and drive you home. Do Not drive for 24 hours after an I.V. anesthetic. Do Not drive for 2 hours after nitrous oxide. For your safety, we recommend you have someone stay with you for 6-8 hours after the surgery.
- Wear comfortable, short-sleeved clothing and flat shoes. Please leave your contact lenses at home; you may wear your glasses
- Please do not wear any make-up on the day of surgery. Remove polish from fingernails.
- If you have small children, you will find it more pleasant to make arrangements for their care so they do not have to wait during your surgery.
If you have any questions about these instructions or your surgery, please contact our office at